BASIC-HD • Basic Helo Dunker
Course overview, aim and structure
This course is designed to provide delegates with a basic knowledge on the sea survival techniques, rescue at sea and techniques in case of evacuation from helicopter ditching.
The course is in Italian or in English, on request.
1 day (4 hours).
• A valid, current offshore medical certificate; or
• an operator approved medical certificate.
The course focuses on the following elements:
• general principles on sea survival techniques;
• equipment onboard (rafts, emergency breathing systems, etc.);
• actions to take in preparing for a helicopter ditching/emergency landing;
• actions to be taken when we are into the water while waiting the rescue (survival kit);
• elementary first aid actions on board of the liferaft;
• sea survival techniques;
• helicopter underwater escape techniques.
Items to bring
Clothing for pool (swimwear, towel and slippers).
On successful getting through the training programme, it will be issued the certificate Basic helo dunker training, attending rules ORO FC-230.
Validity 3 years.
CFO - Via Bonvicini 14, Mezzano (RA) - Italy.